Best Ayurvedic Treatments For Anti Aging
Premature aging skin is one of the challenges before those who want to keep their skin youthfug skinl for longer periods of their lives. People, especially women, take many anti aging measures for skin care so that they may delay the process of aging which is represented by loosened skin. Ayurveda has deeply addressed this issue of aging skin. It says that premature aging of the skin is caused due to the aggravation of vata dosha, which naturally increases with age. Dryness of skin is a predominant trait of a Vata dosha body type constitution. Even in other people, Vata causes dryness of the skin when it is vitiated due to seasonal influences. In fact, skin ages due to both- internal as well as external factors. Internal factors may be listed as inability of skin to retain moisture, low levels of elastin production, lesser production of new skin cells etc. External factors include lifestyle choices and surrounding environment such as smoking, prolonged exposure to sun or extreme cold, poor diet, stress, lack of exercise etc. Here are some herbal remedies for skin. They are, in fact, home remedies for skin tightening which include usage of common household materials found in kitchen as well as some common Indian herbs.
• Massage face with clarified butter (ghee), almond oil or coconut oil before going to bed. An oil massage is the best remedy for dry skin. Almond and coconut oil are best Ayurvedic remedies for aging skin as they improve complexions, reduce fine lines and wrinkles apart from curing crow's feet. For better absorption, anti-aging oil massages should be done at night.
• Ghee or clarified butter contains vitamin E, beta-carotene, and antioxidants that prevent cell damage and fight free radicals. Rub ghee all over your body to get it absorbed in the skin. The best way to get benefits of ghee is to include it in your daily diet. Mix 1-2 teaspoons of ghee while cooking vegetables, dals etc.
• Apply fresh Aloe Vera juice to the skin. If you can't get fresh aloe vera, get aloe vera gel from health care shops.
• There are many benefits of honey, one being its anti aging property. Take 1/2 tablespoon of honey and mix it with 1-2 tablespoon of rose water.
Apply this mixture on face, neck, and other dry skin area. Leave it for about 15-20 minutes. Now wash it off with tepid water. Honey moisturizes and soothes dry skin. This mixture will clean your skin and tone it to give you a glowing complexion with wrinkle free skin.
•Take one teaspoon each of egg yolk and honey, and 1-2 teaspoon milk powder. Mix them well to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste on face, neck and other dry skin area. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and then wash with cold water.
• Mix one egg yolk, 1 teaspoon each of honey, olive oil and vitamin E oil to make an anti aging lotion to be used as moisturizing facial mask. Apply it to face and other areas and leave for 15 minutes. Then wash it off with lukewarm water.
• Avoid too much of sun exposure as it is one of the main causes of wrinkles. Use umbrella, scarves or any other protective cover when going out in sun.
• Quit smoking Cigarette smoke ages skin by releasing an enzyme that breaks down elastin and collagen- vital components of skin.• Get adequate sleep. Sleeping position is also important. Try to sleep on your back, as it prevents wrinkle formation. Sleeping on sides may cause wrinkles on chin and cheek and sleeping with face-down will result in furrowed brow.
• Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. They have anti-oxidants that help fight damage caused by free radicals. They keep skin younger and radiant
.• Drink lots of water during the day to provide optimum supply of moisture to the skin.
• Do not over-wash your face. Washing face too often removes skin off its natural barrier oils and moisture that protect against wrinkles.
Basil herb or Ocimum Sanctum (tulsi) has effective anti-aging and anti-oxidant properties. Follow the traditional Ayurvedic method of boiling fresh tulsi leaves and water until the water reduces to half. Then drink the resulting water. The other ayurvedic way of having basil leaves is to eat the crushed herb when it cools.
• Switch to green tea. Green tea has anti-inflammatory, anti-ageing, and healing effects on skin which helps in skin rejuvenation.
Labels: Skin Care